APPLY/ENROLL IN THE ACADEMY OF CONSTRUCTION
Requirements for Admission
- Student and parent/guardian must live in the
District of Columbia and provide specific documents to verify
guardianship and residency.
- Student must be entering the 9th, 10th, 11th
or 12th grade with requisite credits under the Promotion Policy
outlined in IDEA Student & Family Handbook.
- Student must have completed the 8th grade
with a final report card indicating promotion. Students who successfully
completed high school credit classes with grades C or above, such
as Algebra 1 or Geometry, in middle school, must provide a transcript
including course description adhering to Common Core standards.
- Student must submit a completed application
for admission on MySchoolDC. We do not accept applications from
students who are 18 or older unless the student has an individualized
Deadline for Applications
The Academy of Construction and Design operates
in partnership with IDEA Public Charter School. All Academy students
must be enrolled at IDEA. Apply online for admission at www.MySchoolDC.org
- December 14, 2015 – My School DC application
opens for 2015-16 enrollment.
- February 1, 2016 - Application deadline for
- April 1, 2016 – My School DC lottery
- May 2, 2016 – Deadline to enroll at IDEA.
Need assistance? Call the Academy of Construction
and Design at 202-399-4750 x105
Learn more about the IDEA school community at